This easy freezing method will allow you to have scallions on hand whenever you need them.
- Bunch of scallions
- Wash and trim the scallions as you would for any recipe.
- Chop or cut the scallions the way you most use them.
- Transfer the chopped scallions onto a large baking pan.
- Spread out into an even layer.
- Put the pan into the freezer and chill for 1 hour.
- The scallions will be frosty but not completely frozen.
- Transfer the partially frozen scallions into a freezer bag or storage container and seal well.
- Store in the freezer until you need them.