Fluffy and moist apple confection! These pancakes are always a huge success as they are tasty and filling.
Apple Cinnamon Pancakes
Author: Country Girl
Recipe type: Breakfast
Serves: 12 pancakes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 Tablespoons (25 g) light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1½ cups milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup applesauce
- 1 apple (peeled and grated)
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and ground cinnamon.
- Add milk, egg, vanilla, and applesauce.
- Mix with a wooden spoon just until most of the lumps are gone and the batter is smooth.
- Do not over mix. Fold in grated apples.
- Coat a skillet with a little butter or oil and then pour ¼ cup batter onto the heated griddle.
- Cook the pancakes until bubbles appear, about 1-2 minutes.
- Flip the pancakes and cook the other side for 1 minute, or just until lightly browned.
- Serve and enjoy:)