A great way to use leftover rice. My family loves these as a side for dinner. Just spread a little jelly on them and enjoy the fluffy delicious goodness.
Author: Country Girl
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 1 cup cooked White or Brown Rice
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- 1 ¼ cups flour
- ¼ cup sugar (or less)
- 2 tablespoons applesauce
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- vegetable oil
- Heat a griddle or large skillet over medium heat.
- In a large bowl combine rice, milk, flour, sugar, applesauce, baking powder, and butter.
- Blend with an electric hand mixer for 2 minutes.
- Coat griddle with vegetable oil.
- Pour about ¼ cup batter onto the griddle and cook until the underside is golden brown.
- Flip and cook the other side until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side.
- Serve and enjoy:)