This yummy grilled cheese is so easy to make and a nice change from a typical sandwich.
Brie, Fig and Apple Grilled Cheese
Author: Country Girl
Recipe type: Lunch
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ red onion, sliced
- 4 slices of bread (of choice)
- 2 tablespoon soft butter, for brushing the bread
- 4 tablespoons fig jam or butter
- 5 ounces brie cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 large apple, thinly sliced
- ½ cup baby arugula
- Heat the olive oil in a small skillet.
- Add the onion slices and cook until caramelized, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Butter the outside of each slice of bread.
- Spread fig butter or jam on the inside of each slice of bread.
- Layer the brie, apple slices, caramelized onions, and arugula.
- Top with the other slice of bread.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet or griddle pan over medium-high heat.
- Place the sandwiches, butter side down in the hot pan.
- Cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until browned and cheese melts.
- Serve warm and enjoy 🙂
If you do not like brie cheese, use desired type of cheese.