Quick, easy, and delicious one-pot meal. Perfect for a weeknight meal.
Instant Pot Ground Beef Stroganoff
Recipe type: Dinner
Serves: 4 to 6
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 yellow onion (thinly sliced)
- 8-ounce canned mushrooms
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 ¾ cups low sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 12 ounces egg noodles
- ¾ cup full-fat sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- chopped fresh parsley (for serving)
- Press the saute button on the Instant Pot and add the ground beef to the pot.
- Cook, breaking up the meat with a spoon until the beef is browned.
- Add the butter, onion, and mushrooms to the pot.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until vegetables have softened, 4-5 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper. and smoked paprika
- Stir in the garlic and flour and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- Press cancel to turn off the Instant Pot.
- Add 1 cup of the broth to the pot and stir, scraping up any bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Stir in 2 ½ more cups of broth (reserve the remaining ¼ cup to mix into the sour cream later), and stir in the Worcestershire sauce and Dijon mustard.
- Finally, stir in the egg noodles and press them down into an even layer.
- Close the Instant Pot lid and turn the steam release valve to the sealing position.
- Set the cooking time to 3 minutes at high pressure using the Pressure Cook or Manual button.
- When the cooking time ends, allow the pressure to release naturally for 5 minutes.
- Then quick release the remaining pressure by carefully turning the steam release valve to the venting position.
- When all of the steam has escaped and the pin drops down, open the Instant Pot lid.
- If some of the noodles on top appear uncooked, stir the beef stroganoff and they will continue to cook over the next few minutes as the dish rests.
- Press "Cancel" to turn off the warm setting and let the beef stroganoff cool for 3-5 minutes. Meanwhile, warm the remaining ¼ cup of broth and whisk it into the sour cream or yogurt in a small bowl until smooth.
- Stir the sour cream mixture into the stroganoff in the pot.
- Serve topped with fresh parsley and enjoy:)