This is my go-to gravy to make because it always comes out perfect every time and tastes amazing.
Author: Country Girl
Recipe type: Gravy
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup pan drippings
- 2 cups broth (chicken, beef, or turkey)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon sage
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter.
- Whisk in flour and cook until golden, 1 minute, then whisk in pan drippings. (If you have more than a cup of drippings, use it and reduce the amount of broth!)
- Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer gently until slightly thickened.
- Stir in herbs, then whisk in 1 cup broth and return mixture to a simmer.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer 10 minutes, gradually adding more broth if gravy is too thick.
- Adjust seasoning if needed.
- Serve and enjoy:)