This simple taco seasoning is full of flavor. It can be made spicy or keep it mild.
Ground Beef with Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 taco shells
- In a bowl, mix together the chili powder, paprika, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, and cayenne pepper and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Crumble ground beef into the hot skillet.
- Cook and stir until the beef is completely browned, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Drain and discard any excess grease.
- Return ground beef to heat.
- Pour seasoning mixture and water over the beef; stir to combine.
- Bring to a simmer and cook until the moisture absorbs into the meat, about 5 minutes.
- Spoon the beef into the taco shells and add toppings such as lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese.
- Serve and enjoy:)
Can replace ground beef with ground turkey if desired.