These delicious avocado muffins are great for the morning or for an afternoon treat.
Chocolate Avocado Muffins
Author: Country Girl
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1.5 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 mashed avocado
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners, and set it aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, set aside.
- Combine the mashed avocado with the milk in a blender.
- Blend on low to medium speed until smooth.
- Add the maple syrup, eggs, and vanilla extract to the blender.
- Blend again until smooth.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ones.
- Stir the wet and dry ingredients together.
- Add the mini chocolate chips, and stir them into the batter.
- Spoon batter (or use a cookie scoop) into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 25 to 27 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the pan comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool for a few minutes.
- Serve and enjoy:)
The muffins can be stored in an airtight container on the counter or in the fridge for 3 to 5 days.