This easy and simple cake is great for any summertime get-together. The flavor and freshness will be a hit with your family and friends.
Easy Strawberry Cake
Author: Country Girl
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 stick unsalted butter softened
- 1¼ cup granulated sugar divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 1¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup sour cream
- 16 ounces fresh strawberries sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9-inch round cake pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, whip together the butter and 1 cup of the sugar until and fluffy, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Beat a little and add sour and mix until just combined.
- Fold in strawberries.
- Spread the batter in the prepared cake pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining ¼ cup of sugar evenly over the top of the cake batter.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean, 35-40 minutes.
- Cool cake completely in the pan.
- Slice, serve, and enjoy:)