These muffins are light, fluffy, and have a rich chocolate flavor.
Chocolate Ricotta Muffins
Author: Country Girl
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 2 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 /2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a mixing stand, combine the ricotta cheese and eggs and mix until combine.
- Add the milk, canola oil, and vanilla and mix.
- Add the flour, salt, baking powder, cocoa powder, and sugar and mix until just combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fold in the chips, but don't overmix; a few lumps are okay.
- Using a large cookscoop, spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for to 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool, serve, and enjoy:)