Goat milk is much creamier than cow’s milk which makes this chocolate pudding so creamy and delicious.
Creamy Goat’s Milk Chocolate Pudding
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/8 tsp finely ground sea salt
- 2 cups goat’s milk
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a 3-quart saucepan, mix together the sugar, cocoa powder, cornstarch, and salt.
- Whisk in the milk, and place the pan over medium-high heat.
- Whisking occasionally, warm the milk just until the surface begins to bubble, about five minutes.
- While the milk warms, place the egg yolks in a medium bowl, and whisk until broken and blended together.
- Once the milk bubbles, turn off the heat.
- Add about 1 tablespoon of the hot liquid to the egg yolks, and whisk well.
- Continue to add hot liquid to the yolks, whisking constantly until you have added about 1/2 cup. Pour the egg mixture into the saucepan and whisk well.
- Turn the heat to medium, and bring the pudding to a low boil, stirring often.
- Allow to boil gently for 30 seconds to a minute, until the pudding thickens.
- Adjust the heat as needed to prevent boiling over.
- Once thickened, remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Pour the thickened pudding into four heat-safe bowls.
- Refrigerate until chilled, about two hours.
- If desired, place a piece of plastic wrap over the surface of the pudding to prevent skin from forming.
- Top with some whipped cream.
- Serve and enjoy:)