Enjoy grilled chicken when outdoor grilling season is over with this delicious simple barbecue recipe.
Oven-Baked Baked Barbecued Chicken
Author: Country Girl
Recipe type: Dinner
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 ½ cups of your favorite barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Pour about a ½ cup of barbecue sauce in a 13" x 9" baking dish and spread to coat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and smoked paprika. Sprinkle the seasoning mixture over both sides of the chicken and rub it in with your hands. Place chicken breasts in the prepared baking dish.
- Brush with barbecue sauce, enough to cover the chicken.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 15 minutes, baste with more sauce after about halfway through.
- Cook until juices are clear or a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees.
- Turn the broiler to high and move the chicken to the top rack of the oven.
- Broil for about 5 minutes, or until sauce is caramelized - be careful not to burn the sauce.
- Cover with foil and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy:)