These are the juiciest pork chops I have ever made. My husband is not a fan of pork chops and he could not stop raving about how juicy and delicious they were.
Oven-Baked Pork Chops
Author: Country Girl
Recipe type: Dinner
- 4 cups warm water
- 4 tbsp kosher salt, for the brine
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Place the warm water in a large bowl and add the salt.
- Stir until the salt is dissolved and then place the pork chops in the saltwater, make sure they're covered.
- Let the pork chops sit in the water at room temperature for 30 to 45 minutes, or place in the fridge and brine for up to 24 hours.
- Make sure to let the pork sit at room temperature for 45 minutes before seasoning.
- Preheat oven to 425° F. and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Remove pork chops from saltwater and pat dry with paper towels, making sure to remove all moisture.
- Brush both sides of pork chops with olive oil, then season both sides with garlic powder, pepper and paprika.
- Bake in the oven according to the time chart in the notes section, or until cooked.
- Serve and enjoy:)
This is how long should bake according to thickness: ½ inch thick cook 6 to 7 minutes 1-inch thick cook 12 to 15 minutes and,1-1/2 inch thick cook for 20 minutes.