A healthier version of the classic lemon bars but without skimping on the flavor!
Author: Country Girl
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon white whole-wheat flour or all-purpose flour
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- To prepare crust:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat an 8-inch-square baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Stir flour, sugar, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Stir in butter, oil, and lemon zest until blended and crumbly.
- Press the dough in an even layer in the prepared baking pan.
- Bake the crust until firm to the touch, about 20 minutes.
- To prepare filling:
- Whisk sugar, lemon zest and juice, egg, egg yolk, and flour in a medium bowl until smooth.
- Pour evenly over the hot crust.
- Bake until set, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Let cool completely in the pan on a wire rack, at least 2 hours.
- Cut into squares with a lightly oiled knife.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar just before serving.
- Serve and enjoy:)