This soup is a hearty, delicious, flavorful, and filling meal perfect on a cold winter day.
Sausage and Vegetable Soup
Author: Country Girl
Recipe type: Dinner
- 17.6 ounces Italian sausages cut up/crumbled
- ½ medium onion chopped
- 3 sticks celery chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 medium carrots sliced/chopped
- 2 large Russet potatoes peeled & diced
- 1 small zucchini chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a large soup pot over medium-high heat add sausage and cook for 5 minutes.
- Drain a bit of the fat, leaving some in for flavor.
- Add the onion, celery, and garlic to the pot. Continue cooking for another 5 minutes.
- Add in the chicken broth, water, carrots, potatoes, and zucchini
- Increase the heat to high and bring the soup to a boil.
- Once it's boiling, reduce the heat and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Season with salt & pepper as needed.
- Serve with some homemade bread and enjoy:)