These avocado brownies are healthy, extra fudgy, easy to make, and yummy too!
Author: Country Girl
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 large avocado peeled and pitted
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- ⅓ light brown sugar
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup dark or semisweet chocolate chips divided
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 8×8-inch pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor, place the avocado, eggs, brown sugar, maple syrup, olive oil, and vanilla.
- Process until it’s completely smooth and combined.
- To the food processor, add the cocoa powder, flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Process until smooth. Add ¼ cup chocolate chips and pulse a few times so that the chips are roughly incorporated.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
- Sprinkle over the remaining ¼ cup chocolate chips.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the top, is set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean with just a few moist crumbs clinging to it.
- Place the pan on a wire cooling rack and let the brownies cool for 30 minutes.
- Slice, serve, and Enjoy:)