If you love Almond Butter you are going to love these cookies. They are just as good as the classic peanut butter blossom.
Almond Butter Blossoms
Author: Country Girl
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 3 dozen
- ½ cup butter, softened to room temp
- ¾ cups creamy almond butter
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon table salt
- Granulated sugar for coating cookies
- 35 chocolate kisses with almonds, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line baking sheets with parchment and set aside..
- In a stand mixer bowl, add the butter and almond butter, and mix until well combined.
- Add both sugars and beat until fluffy and light.
- Add egg, both extracts, and beat to combine.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt to the butter mixture beating until just combined.
- Shape balls of dough, 1-inch each. Roll in bowl of granulated sugar to coat the dough balls. Place 2 inches apart on lined cookie sheets.
- Bake 7-8 minutes or until cookies are puffy and slightly browned on the bottom/edges.
- Remove cookies from oven and gently press chocolate kisses into the centers of cookies.
- Cool completely on cookie sheet before attempting to transfer.