This easy avocado chicken salad with crunchy apple and celery give this classic food a healthy twist.
Avocado Chicken Salad
Author: Country Girl
Recipe type: Lunch
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked chicken
- 1 ripe avocado, seeded and peeled
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, and finely chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped celery
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the chicken, avocado, apple, celery, and red onion in a medium bowl.
- Gently mash the avocado with a fork and stir it around so that everything gets well mixed.
- Add the parsley, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- If the mixture seems a little dry, you can stir in a teaspoon or two of olive oil.
- Serve and enjoy:)