Whenever I have some leftover sweet potatoes I love making these pancakes. They are fluffy, full of flavor and filling.
Oatmeal Sweet Potato Pancakes
Author: Country Girl
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oatmeal (rolled or quick oats)
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sweet potato puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the vanilla, eggs, milk, and sweet potato.
- Add the flours, oatmeal, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder and baking soda.
- Mix until combined.
- Use a ⅓ cup measuring cup or batter spoon to pour batter onto a hot griddle.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until bubbly and brown.
- Flip with a spatula and cook on the other side for another 2-3 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂