These cookies are a perfect snack/dessert to make for fall or anytime you are looking for something that is delicious and low on sugar.
Healthy Oatmeal Pumpkins Cookies
Author: Country Girl
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1½ cups whole wheat flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tablespoons avocado or melted coconut oil
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and set aside.
- In large mixing bowl mix together the pumpkin puree, egg, oil, applesauce, vanilla, and syrup.
- Add the flour, oats, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice , and mix just until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop out cookie dough onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Gently press down with your hand to flatten each cookie a bit.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Let cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Enjoy 🙂