This easy and delicious one-pot meal is perfect for a week night meal or anytime.
One-Pot Creamy Chicken Pasta
Author: Country Girl
Recipe type: Dinner
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- Sprinkle of salt and pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1teaspoon salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups dry penne pasta , (or other dry pasta of your choice)
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- ½ cup whole milk or heavy cream,
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- Bring the chicken broth to the boil in a medium saucepan.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saute pant over medium-high heat.
- Once the pan is hot, add the pieces of chicken, sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook until slightly golden brown, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add the onion, garlic, carrots, celery, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Stir to coat and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the chicken broth and dry pasta.
- Stir well, bring back to the boil then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cover and simmer for about 8 minutes, stirring from time to time, until the pasta is slightly undercooked.
- Add broccoli and stir it in.
- Dilute the corn starch in the cream or milk and stir well into the sauce.
- Bring back to a simmer and continue cooking for one minute to ensure that the starch is completely cooked and has thickened.
- Allow to rest uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy:)