This is another great and tasty way to use eggplant from my garden. It is nice change from traditional hamburgers. Just add your favorite toppings and maybe even a special sauce to create something delicious.
- Olive oil
- 1 medium eggplant, cubed
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 large egg
- ⅓ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dill
- In a large sauce pan heat a thin layer of olive oil over medium heat.
- Cook the eggplant cubes for 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and salt and continue to sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Add 1 tablespoon of water, cover and cook for an additional 3 minutes or until eggplant is fork tender.
- Allow to cool.
- Place the eggplant and remaining ingredients in a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Place the mixture in the refrigerator and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and coat with cooking spray
- Using about a ¼ cup of eggplant mixture and form into patties.
- Cook patties for 25 minutes or until firm on the outside and lightly brown underneath.
- For Sauce:
- /2 cup mayonnaise
- tablespoon Dijon mustard
- teaspoon lemon juice
- teaspoon dried dill
- To Make Sauce:
- In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients together.
- Top each burger with sauce serve and enjoy 🙂
In a large sauce pan heat 1-2 teaspoons of olive oil.
Cook the eggplant patties for 2 minutes each side of until golden brown.
Allow cooked burgers to cool on baking sheet.
Once cooled, place baking sheet in the freezer.
Freeze for 30 to 60 minutes.
Put them in ziploc freezer bags