This Peach Cake is a sweet and delicious treat with the added flavor of the almond glaze makes it a perfect summertime dessert.
Peach Bundt Cake with Almond Glaze
Author: Country Girl
Recipe type: Dessert
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 3 peaches, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- Almond Glaze:
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a Bundt pan and dust it lightly with flour. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the peaches, cinnamon, and brown sugar. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until combined and smooth.
- Add the eggs, one at a time.
- Then add the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour and baking powder.
- To the butter mix, add ⅓ of the flour mix, then ½ of the milk.
- Repeat until all combined.
- Put clumps of the cake batter around the bottom of the pan, followed with the peach mixture, and repeat until finished.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes in the pan, then turn the cake out onto a plate to cool completely.
- To Make Glaze:
- Mix together the milk, powdered sugar, and almond extract .
- Drizzle the glaze over the cake.
- The frosting will harden as it cools.
- Store at room temperature, loosely covered, preferably not airtight.
- This cake will keep nicely for 2-3 days.
- Serve and Enjoy!