I love making this sauce using fresh peaches from my tree. I serve this sauce with pancakes, waffles, french toast, and even on ice cream.
Fresh Peach Sauce
Author: Country Girl
Recipe type: Sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Dash ground nutmeg
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup sliced peeled fresh peaches
- ⅛ to ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- In a small saucepan, mix sugar, cornstarch, and nutmeg; stir in water until smooth.
- Add peaches; bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat; stir in extract. Serve warm.