I love making homemade sauce and soup using the tomatoes from my garden but I never liked all the work with peeling and seeding them until now. This is truly the easiest and fastest way to do it.
How to Easily Peel a Tomato
- A saucepan of boiling water
- 1 lb tomatoes you can peel any amount of tomatoes with this method
- 1 bowl of ice water
- Wash tomatoes
- Cut an X on the bottom of the tomato not too deep.
- Add the tomatoes to the boiling water.
- Boil for about 2 minutes just until skin starts to loosen
- Remove the tomatoes to the ice water and allow to rest in the ice water for 2-3 minutes
- This process stops the cooking from the boiling water.
- When cool enough to touch, the tomato skins will be loose and easy to slip right off.
- To Seed Tomatoes:
- Cut the tomato in half, use a spoon turned upside down to scrape out the seeds and gel.