I love making this dish because it is not only delicious but is another way to use the abundance of peaches and cucumbers from my garden.
Chicken with Peach-Cucumber Salsa
Author: Country Girl
Recipe type: Dinner
- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled fresh peaches (about 2 medium)
- ¾ cup chopped cucumber
- 4 tablespoons peach preserves, divided
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh mint
- ¾ teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- For salsa:
- In a small bowl, combine peaches, cucumber, 2 tablespoons preserves, onion,mint and ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper and remaining salt.
- On a lightly greased grill rack, grill chicken, covered, over medium heat 5 minutes.
- Turn; grill 7-9 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 165°, brushing tops occasionally with remaining preserves.
- Serve with salsa and enjoy!