This is the easiest and delicious way to prepare cauliflower.
Author: Country Girl
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 1 head cauliflower
- Enough water to cover the cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Remove the florets from the cauliflower and set the stalks aside for some other use.
- Place the cauliflower into a medium-sized saucepan and cover with water.
- Add 1 tablespoon of salt to the water.
- Heat on high for 5-7 minutes until the water is simmering.
- Allow to simmer for 5-7 minutes, then check the cauliflower by piercing it with a fork.
- If you are using this cauliflower for another cooked recipe, then the fork should barely pierce the exterior of the cauliflower.
- If you plan to eat the cauliflower as is, cook it until a fork goes easily through the entire piece about 10 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is cooking, melt butter in a small saucepan and add the garlic powder and onion powder to the butter, stir well.
- Turn the heat off when the butter is fully melted.
- Pour cooked cauliflower into a colander to drain.
- Return to saucepan and pour the melted butter mixture over the top.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!
I chop stalks and use them in casseroles.