My family and I love beets especially fresh ones from our garden. I love using the beautiful colored beet leaves to make this easy and delicious side dish.
Sauteed Beet Greens
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 pound of beet greens from 3 to 4 beets
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the chopped stems and greens to the pan and mix making sure they are evenly covered with the olive oil.
- Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Cover the pan and cook the beet greens until they are cooked through for about 6 minutes.
- Make sure to stir them a few times so that they cook evenly.
- Serve and enjoy!