This garlic sauce is a nice change from the traditional tomato sauce. It is flavoring and easy to make.
White Garlic Pizza Sauce
Author: Country Girl
Recipe type: Sauce
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup of milk
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add garlic, cooking for 30 seconds.
- Whisk in the flour, pepper, salt, and oregano until combined.
- Slowly add milk, until combined.
- Continue whisking occasionally until the desired thickness is reached.
- Remove from heat, stir in cheese until smooth.
- Use immediately or cover and chill until ready to use.
- Makes enough for two pizzas.