A perfect treat without all the sweets!
Author: Country Girl
Recipe type: Dessert
- 6 bananas sliced and frozen
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- Sprinkles or ¼ cup peanuts chopped
- Place frozen, sliced bananas in a blender.
- Blend on high until pureed and creamy. If you need to, you can add milk to the blender to help create a thick and creamy consistency.
- Spoon banana “ice cream” mixture into the popsicle mold
- Transfer popsicles to the freezer and allow ~3 hours to completely set.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside
- Remove popsicles from the freezer and allow them to sit at room temperature for about 5 minutes. This will help you be able to remove popsicles from the mold easier. If popsicles won’t come out of the mold after 5 minutes, you can carefully run outside of molds under warm water.
- Fill a small saucepan ¾ full with water and place on the stove over medium heat.
- Set a glass bowl over saucepan (double boiler).
- Pour chocolate chips into the glass bowl and constantly stir until chocolate is melted.
- Once chocolate chips are melted, allow to cool for ~2 minutes before dipping the tip of popsicles into melted chocolate.
- Coat the entire tip of the popsicle with chocolate and then immediately sprinkle with sprinkles or chopped peanuts.
- Lay popsicles on the parchment-lined baking sheet and place the entire pan in the freezer.
- Allow about 5 minutes to completely set
- Serve and enjoy!