These are the juiciest and tastiest grilled chicken legs. They come out perfect every time.
Grilled Barbecue Chicken Legs
- 8 to 10 trimmed chicken legs
- For Rub:
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup Favorite Barbecue Sauce
- In a microwave-safe bowl heat barbecue sauce and set aside
- Preheat gas grill, set heat to medium.
- Mix together, the brown sugar, chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper, and olive oil in a small bowl.
- Using your hands, coat each chicken leg with the rub.
- Place coated legs on the grill, with the meaty side down.
- Cook on medium-high heat for 5 minutes per side, turning the legs 3-4 times, for a total of 18-20 minutes.
- After turning the legs each time, brush on the barbecue sauce.
- Remove from grill and let sit 5 minutes before serving.