This dish is flavorful, delicious, and perfect for summertime barbeques.
Mediterranean Orzo Salad
- 3 cups of water
- 1-1/4 cups orzo pasta
- 1-1/2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Lemon Dressing:
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Add the orzo with a little salt and cook for 10 minutes stirring occasionally to make sure it does not stick.
- Drain and set aside to cool slightly.
- For the Lemon Dressing: combine lemon juice, salt, pepper, honey, garlic, and olive oil and whisk to combine.
- Combine cooked pasta with remaining ingredients.
- Add dressing to coat.
- Serve and enjoy!