This casserole is perfect for using up extra eggs, extra potatoes, and you can serve if for breakfast, lunch, and even dinner. It is quite tasty and filling.
Egg and Potato Casserole
Author: Country Girl
Recipe type: Brunch
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium russet potatoes, diced
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 5 large eggs
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9" x 9" casserole dish and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Saute the onions for 1 minute. Add the potatoes.
- Add ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon of pepper and continue to saute for another 4 minutes.
- Transfer to the casserole dish and spread out evenly.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs and remaining salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly into the casserole dish.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until eggs are cooked firmly.