This is my mother-in-law’s recipe that she made for her kids when they were growing up. These cookies are so delicious with the almond buttery flavor and beautiful color. They always come out perfect. My kids enjoy making these cookies every year.
Christmas Tree Cookies
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Green coloring
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream butter, adding sugar gradually.
- Add egg and mix well.
- Add almond flavoring and mix.
- Add flour, salt, and baking powder and mix until just combined.
- Add a few drops of green food coloring.
- Fill a cookie press.
- Form cookies onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until done.