These soft and chewy coconut cookies are full of coconut flavor and smell irresistible and are so simple and delicious.
Chewy Coconut Cookies
Author: Country Girl
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup of butter
- ⅔ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F degrees.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Gradually blend in the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add coconut and mix just until combined.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly toasted.
- Cool on wire racks.
- Serve and enjoy!