This is my sister-in-law’s recipe. This is classic, easy to make and so delicious.
Author: Country Girl
Recipe type: Dessert
- ½ cup salted butter
- 2 cups sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick oats
- Before getting started, make sure to gather all of your ingredients and measure everything out. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add sugar and cocoa, and stir until combined.
- Add in the milk, and stir until combined.
- Continue cooking until the mixture comes to a boil, then boil for 2 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Stir in vanilla and peanut butter until completely combined.
- Stir in oats until combined.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets( I like to use a cookie scoop), and let the cookies cool until hardened.
- Serve and enjoy!