There is nothing like a homemade cake from scratch. I like this recipe because it uses less butter and sugar than most recipes. This cake is so moist and delicious.
Author: Country Girl
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 3½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1¼ cup milk
- ⅛ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour two 9-inch pans and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl beat the butter on medium for 1-2 minutes.
- Add milk, oil, vanilla, and eggs and mix until combined
- Add dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepare pans.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let cakes cool on wire racks for 15 minutes, remove and cool completely before frosting.
You can also use this recipe to make cupcakes and cook for about 15 minutes.