I made this for my daughter who loves caramel sauce. It was super easy and so delicious. Go ahead and whip up a batch I know you will enjoy it.
Easy Caramel Sauce
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small pot, over medium-high heat, combine cream, brown sugar, butter, and salt.
- Cook, whisking occasionally until butter is melted and ingredients are mixed.
- Bring to a low simmer, turn the heat down to medium.
- Continue to simmer for 5 minutes, stirring every minute or so.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla
Store covered in the refrigerator for up to two weeks