I like making this recipe using zucchini from my garden. I use dark chocolate cocoa to make these even more decadent but not too sweet.
Zucchini Oatmeal Brownies
Author: Country Girl
Recipe type: Dessert
- ½ cup applesauce
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup oats ground(use a food processor or blender)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips or peanut butter chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat, applesauce, sugar, and vanilla.
- Add ground oats, flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder to sugar mixture, mix until combined.
- Add shredded zucchini and chips and mix to combine.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.