Same original recipe but with delectable chocolate. It adds a nice chocolatey taste to this soft cake-like cookie.
Chocolate Sour Cream Drop Cookies
Serves: 5 dozen
- ½ cup butter softened
- 1 cup sugar (can use less)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 squares unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 /2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter, sugar, and eggs.
- Beat until smooth and fluffy.
- Add sour cream, vanilla extract, and melted chocolate mix until combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to the butter mixture and mix just until combined.
- Chill at least 1 hour.
- Using a 1- to 2-tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop the dough onto greased or line baking sheets.
- about 2 inches apart.
- Press each cookie flat with the bottom of a wet glass.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly brown
- Remove to wire racks to cool.