This is a great way to use up zucchini from your garden. They are perfect for breakfast or even a snack.
Zucchini Chocolate Chips Muffins
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded zucchini about 1 medium
- 1/2 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- coarse sugar for sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a mixing bowl beat egg, sugars, oil, milk, lemon juice, and vanilla extract.
- Mix until combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt to wet ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Fold in shredded zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full and sprinkle with coarse sugar if desired.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean with only a few crumbs attached.
- Let the muffin cool in the pan for 10 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.