This is a great way to use up zucchini from your garden. They are perfect for breakfast or even a snack.
Zucchini Chocolate Chips Muffins
Author: Country Girl
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup canola oil
- ¼ cup milk,
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded zucchini, about 1 medium
- ½ cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- coarse sugar, for sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a mixing bowl beat egg, sugars, oil, milk, lemon juice, and vanilla extract.
- Mix until combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt to wet ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Fold in shredded zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin cups ⅔ full and sprinkle with coarse sugar if desired.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean with only a few crumbs attached.
- Let the muffin cool in the pan for 10 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.