“Use this delicious filling to fill cupcakes or your favorite layer cake.
Rich Custard Filling
Author: Country Girl
Recipe type: Dessert
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- In a medium size bowl, beat eggs, and set aside.
- In a saucepan mix together the sugar, flour, and salt.
- Cover over medium heat stirring until it boils and boil for 1 minute.
- Remove saucepan from heat.
- Pour a small amount over the eggs and mix thoroughly
- Return saucepan to stove, blend the egg mixture into the saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and cool slightly; and stir in vanilla.
- Pour into a bowl and press plastic wrap directly on the surface of the custard.
- Place in refrigerator to cool completely.