This is my favorite cream cheese recipe. It simple and comes out perfectly every time. I use to frost carrot cake, other cakes, sheet cakes, and cupcakes.
Cream Cheese Frosting
Author: Country Girl
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 24 cupcakes or 2 layer cake
- 6 ounces packaged cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4-1/2 to 4-3/4 cups sifted powdered sugar
- In a mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese, butter, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add 2 cups of sifted powdered sugar, beating well.
- Gradually beat in enough of the remaining powdered sugar to reach desired consistency.
- Use to frost cooled cake or cupcakes.