I love chocolate so I use this to frost cupcakes (18-24), two-layer (8 or 9-inch) cakes or even a sheet cake. It is a chocolate lovers dream come true.
Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
Author: Country Girl
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 4 cups
- 6 ounces packaged cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup butter softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 to 4-1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- In a mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese, butter, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add 2 cups of sifted powdered sugar, and ½ cup cocoa powder beating well.
- Gradually beat in enough of the remaining powdered sugar to reach desired consistency.
- Use to frost cooled cake or cupcakes.