I made this for Easter yesterday and it was the most tender juice and easiest ham I have ever cooked. My family really enjoyed it.
Instant Pot Whiskey and Honey Glazed Ham
Recipe type: Dinner
- 1½ cups honey
- ½ cup orange marmalade
- ⅓ cup grainy Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup rye whiskey
- One 7- to 8-pound spiral-cut smoked half ham--(I used boneless)
- In a medium bowl whisk together the honey, marmalade, mustard, and whiskey until combined.
- Place two 24-inch pieces of twine crisscrossing one another on a clean work surface and place a 24-inch piece of heavy-duty foil over the top of the twine.
- Place the ham cut-side down in the center of the foil.
- Fold the corners up over the shank end so that most of the ham is covered with foil.
- Take the 2 ends of one piece of twine and tie them into a tight knot around the ham.
- Repeat with the remaining twine so that you have 2 twine handles to support and lift the ham.
- Set a rack inside the pot and add 2 cups of water.
- Using the twine handles, place the ham inside the pot.
- Fold open the foil corners so that the ham is exposed and pour the honey mixture over the ham. Fold closed the foil corners so that the ham is covered.
- Place lid on Instant Pot and set the vent to the sealed position
- Set the manual cook button for 14 minutes.
- When cooking is complete allow air to release naturally for 10 minutes, and then quick release.
- Lift the ham out of the pot, place in a large bowl and carefully drain the glaze and cooking juices;
- Transfer to a platter and place in oven and select warm option or cover with foil and place in oven.
- Remove the rack from the pot and discard the water.
- Place the pot back in the base, set to saute on high and add the glaze.
- Cook until reduced, thick and syrupy.
- Brush the glaze over the ham and inside each slice; serve.
Next time I make this, I will place ham in instant with Whiskey and honey sauce and refrigerate overnight.