I use homemade tartar sauce for fish fillets and salmon burgers. It is simple and favorable.
Homemade Tartar Sauce
Recipe type: Topping
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle , minced
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle juice
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon capers , drained and minced
- Splash of lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients and mix well to blend.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate before serving.