My sister-in-law gave me this recipe. The chicken is always juicy with the perfect sweetness without being too sweet. Give it a try.
Baked Teriyaki Chicken
Recipe type: Dinner
- 12 skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water (cold)
- ½ cup sugar (I use less)
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish and place chicken thighs in pan. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch, cold water, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger, and pepper. Cook over low to medium heat.
- Stir frequently until sauce thickens and bubbles. Remove from heat.
- Brush chicken with sauce
- Bake for 30 minutes. Brush chicken again with sauce.
- Cook for 30 more minutes or until no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Serve and enjoy.
You can also use boneless chicken breast. Brush one side of chicken with sauce and cook for 20 minutes. Turn and brush other side with sauce and cook for another 20 minutes until no longer pink and juices run clear,