What kid or adult does not love mac and cheese? It is the perfect comfort food with it’s creamy, cheesy goodness.
Homemade Mac and Cheese
Recipe type: Dinner
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 16 ounces pasta of choice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a 9 x13 baking dish and set aside.
- Bring a large part of water to a boil and cook pasta according to directions.
- While the pasta is cook, add 3 tablespoons of butter to a skillet.
- Once the butter is melted, add 3 tablespoons of flour.
- Cook until the flour is smooth.
- Gradually add the milk and salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the milk starts to boil, add the shredded cheese.
- Cook until cheese is melted and smooth, remove from heat.
- Drain cooked pasta.
- Add pasta to prepared baking dish.
- Pour melted cheese over pasta and stir to combine.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!