This is my go-to topping recipe for pancakes, waffles, cakes, cheesecake, and even icecream. It is simple and delicious.
Blueberry Sauce Topping
Recipe type: Dessert
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 cups frozen blueberries (can use fresh)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the sugar, cornstarch, and salt.
- Stir in water, lemon juice and blueberries.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until mixture begins to thicken.
- Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes more.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- May be served warm over waffles, pancakes.
- Cool completely before using on cakes, cheesecake, or icecream.
- This can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week.