My family loves coconut so I thought they might like these pancakes. I was right, they really enjoyed them. If you like coconut, you will enjoy these pancakes.
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup shredded, sweetened coconut
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ whole milk
- ¾ buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the beaten egg, whole milk, buttermilk, and melted coconut oil,
- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and coconut. Mix just until combined.
- Heat a griddle over medium heat.
- Pour the desired amount of batter onto the griddle.
- Cook until the top begins to bubble.
- Flip and cook until golden brown.
- If desired, sprinkle a little coconut on top of pancake when serving.
- Serve and enjoy!